Find out how to keep your online information safe. Learn more about Internet scams and how you can prevent falling victim to them.
What Can You Do?
- Protect yourself online – Get tips to help keep your personal information safe.
- Follow the "Three Cs" of Business Email Compromise – These easy steps helps you detect business email compromise (BEC). Learn more about common tactics that criminals use to disguise a bogus email request.
- Strengthen your security – Download IBM® Security Trusteer Rapport™, an easy-to-use online tool that provides added protection against cyber-threats and is available free to clients by City National Bank and IBM.
- Beware of email scams –Be on guard against "phishing,” one of the most common online hoaxes, used by criminals to steal identities or spread malware.
- Report email fraud – Find out what to do if you receive a fraudulent email claiming to come from City National Bank, or any other company you do business with.
- Safeguard your smartphone and mobile devices – Smartphones have become a necessary part of our lives, but their powerful capabilities come with built-in risks for exposure of personal information.
- Be wise about wireless networks – Public WiFi services provide a convenient way to access the Internet, but they may expose your personal data to thieves.