City National Bank offers a full complement of banking, trust and
investment services through 75 offices, including 16 full-service regional
centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York
City, Nashville and Atlanta. Its 3,700 colleagues deliver highly personal
service and complete financial solutions to entrepreneurs, professionals, their
businesses and their families.
On November 2, 2015, City National merged with Royal Bank of
Canada. For more information about RBC, please see rbc.com.
|Consolidated Financial Highlights
(City National Bank and Affiliates)
|Assets under management*:
|Assets under management or administration*:
* Prior periods have been reclassified to conform to current period presentation.
- Founded by a small group of local entrepreneurs in 1954.
- Expanded to Northern California in 2000 with the purchase of The Pacific Bank, followed by the acquisition of Oakland-based Civic BanCorp in 2002.
- Opened an office in New York City in 2002 to serve clients who do business on both coasts and prospective clients in Manhattan; added a second office in 2011.
- Expanded to Nevada in 2007 with the acquisition of Business Bank Corp., followed by Sun West Bank in 2010 and Nevada Commerce Bank in 2011.
- Opened offices in Nashville and Atlanta in 2011, principally to better serve the music industry.
- Recognized by Barron's as one of America's top wealth managers 15 years in a row (2001-2015).
- Recognized for 11 consecutive years for excellence in business banking by Greenwich Associates (2005-2015).
- Rochdale Investment Management (2012)
- First American Equipment Finance (2012)
- Nevada Commerce Bank (2011)
- Sun West Bank (2010)
- 1st Pacific Bank of California (2010)
- Imperial Capital Bank (2009)
- Lee Munder Capital Group (2009)
- Convergent Wealth Advisors (2007)
- Business Bank Corporation (2007)
- Independence Investment LLC (2006)
- Convergent Capital Management (2003)
- Civic BanCorp (2002)
- Reed, Conner & Birdwell (2000)
- The Pacific Bank (2000)
- American Pacific State Bank (1999)
- North American Trust Company (1998)
- Harbor Bank (1998)
- Riverside National Bank (1997)
- Frontier Bank (1997)
- Ventura County National Bank (1997)
- First Los Angeles Bank (1995)
Products & Services
- Commercial Banking
- Private Client Services
- Preferred Banking
- Small Business Banking
- Wealth Management
- Services for Professional Firms
- International Banking
- Treasury Management Services
- Entertainment Industry Services
- Real Estate Services
- Online Services