Enroll in Bill Pay
Schedule one-time, future or recurring bill payments from any City National Bank Checking Account using the Bill Pay feature. To get started, you must be enrolled in City National Online® and have an eligible account.
Enroll from a web browser
- Please sign in to City National Online and select Payments & Transfers.
- On the Make Payments tab, select Enroll in bill payment.
- The Bill Pay Service Enrollment page will appear.
- Review the information on the screen and then select Continue.
- Choose the primary checking account for the use of the service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a limit for Bill Pay transactions?
Yes, there is a per-day transaction limit of $25,000.
Can I make expedited payments?
Yes. Bill Pay offers two options:
- Overnight check – Delivered to almost any payee the next business day. You will receive a FedEx® tracking number to verify delivery -- $20 per transaction.
- Expedited electronic payment – Delivered the next business day to any payee that receives electronic payments -- $15 per transaction.
How can I set up Bill Pay alerts?
To set up Bill Pay alerts, log in to City National Online.
- Click Payments & Transfers, Make Payments, then Accounts.
- Select the arrow next to the account, then select Manage alerts.
- Select Bill Payment Alerts and follow the prompts.
City National Bank App requires that you download the City National Bank App and is only available for select mobile devices. Requires setup in City National Online. Data connection required. Message and data rates may apply.