Los Angeles-based City National Bank offers a full complement of banking, trust and investment services through 73 offices, including 19 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Nashville, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Washington, D.C. and Miami*. Its 5,200 colleagues deliver highly personal service and complete financial solutions to entrepreneurs, professionals, their businesses and their families.
Through its subsidiaries, including City National Rochdale, LLC; City National Securities, Inc.; First American Equipment Finance, and other affiliated companies, City National also makes available wealth management, brokerage and leasing services among others.
On November 2, 2015, City National merged with Royal Bank of Canada. For more information about RBC, please see rbc.com.
*City National Bank does business in Miami and the state of Florida as CN Bank.
|Consolidated Financial Highlights (City National Bank and Managed Affiliates)||At 10/31/2019||At 10/31/2018|
|Total assets:||$60.4 billion||$50.3 billion|
|Total deposits:||$51.0 billion||$43.5 billion|
|Loans and leases, excluding acquired impaired loans:||$41.1 billion||$34.1 billion|
|Assets under management1:||$56.6 billion||$48.9 billion|
|Assets under management or administration1:||$80.3 billion||$67.5 billion|
- Founded by a small group of local entrepreneurs in 1954.
- Expanded to Northern California in 2000 with the purchase of The Pacific Bank, followed by the acquisition of Oakland-based Civic BanCorp in 2002.
- Opened an office in New York City in 2002 to serve clients who do business on both coasts and prospective clients in Manhattan; added a second office in 2011.
- Expanded to Nevada in 2007 with the acquisition of Business Bank Corp., followed by Sun West Bank in 2010 and Nevada Commerce Bank in 2011.
- Opened offices in Nashville and Atlanta in 2011, principally to better serve the music industry.
- Opened office in Minneapolis in 2017, located in the headquarter of RBC Wealth Management - U.S.
- Recognized by Barron's as one of America's top wealth managers 18 years in a row (2001-2018).
- Recognized for 12 consecutive years for excellence in business banking by Greenwich Associates (2007-2018).2
- On Feb. 1, 2019, Kelly Coffey is named Chief Executive Officer of City National – the bank’s fourth CEO in 65 years.
- FilmTrack (2019)
- Exactuals (2018)
- Rochdale Investment Management (2012)
- First American Equipment Finance (2012)
- Nevada Commerce Bank (2011)
- Sun West Bank (2010)
- 1st Pacific Bank of California (2010)
- Imperial Capital Bank (2009)
- Lee Munder Capital Group (2009)
- Convergent Wealth Advisors (2007)
- Business Bank Corporation (2007)
- Independence Investment LLC (2006)
- Convergent Capital Management (2003)
- Civic BanCorp (2002)
- Reed, Conner & Birdwell (2000)3
- The Pacific Bank (2000)
- American Pacific State Bank (1999)
- North American Trust Company (1998)
- Harbor Bank (1998)
- Riverside National Bank (1997)
- Frontier Bank (1997)
- Ventura County National Bank (1997)
- First Los Angeles Bank (1995)
Products & Services
- Commercial Banking
- Private Banking
- Preferred Banking
- Small Business Banking
- Wealth Management
- Services for Professional Firms
- International Banking
- Treasury Management Services
- Entertainment Industry Services
- Real Estate Services
- Online Services
- Prior periods have been reclassified to conform to current period presentation.
- Recognized by Greenwich Associates, a leading global financial services research and consulting firm. Based on interviews conducted by Greenwich Associates with executives at businesses across the country with sales of $1 million to $500 million.
- Later sold.