Planning and Trusts
Sound Guidance, Effective Implementation and Thorough Oversight1
As your trusted advisor, we take a comprehensive approach to helping you manage your wealth. We begin with a dialogue to help us understand your situation and goals, assess whether you're on track to achieve those goals, and provide objective solutions to help improve your overall estate, financial and risk-management picture. Finally, by working closely with you and your other advisors we can help implement, coordinate and monitor each of the recommended strategies.
The Planning Process1
Whether we are focused on a single issue, or building a complex plan, our planners follow a disciplined 6-step process designed to help you achieve your goals. Click on the image to view the whole process.
- Establish & Define Our Planning Relationship
Our initial meeting with you clearly defines our planning process and the roles we serve therein. During this time, we discuss your goals and determine whether to focus on one planning initiative or create a comprehensive plan, ensuring an ideal fit between our needs and our expertise.
- Define Your Goals and Gather Your Data
Sound planning begins with a clear understanding of your financial, tax and wealth transfer planning goals and concerns. We identify your goals, and with your assistance, gather the pertinent data needed to craft a plan relative to your short- and long-term visions. These typical goals inform our customized strategies:
- Analyze and Evaluate Your Current Economic Situation
Our Planners analyze your finances to capture a comprehensive view of where you stand and where you wish to go. To assess your current direction relative to your goals, we examine projected capital at retirement, projected future cash-flow, existing gifting programs, disability planning and investment allocation. At this stage, we explore different actions you can take to reach your overall goals.
- Develop and Present Planning Recommendations
Using our analysis, we create multiple strategies for your review. We invest the time necessary for you to understand each phase of our suggestions and the implication of each alternative, delivering the information you need to make the ultimate decision about your action plan.
An Important Note: During the planning process, we provide objective alternatives that will help you achieve your goals. This means our recommendations are not based on the products and services City National offers, but instead, which solutions are best for you.
- Implement Recommendations
Once you and your external team of advisors (such as your attorney and accountant) decide which strategies you wish to employ, we guide you through the process to ensure accurate implementation.
- Monitor the Plan
Wealth Planning requires ongoing monitoring for the best ultimate results, which means taking into account any life changes that alter your initial situation or goals. We help you assess the impact of changes, analyze strategies that require updating and guide you through the process as your financial partner.
- Are Not insured by the FDIC or any other federal government agency
- Are Not deposits of or guaranteed by a Bank or any Bank Affiliate
- May Lose Value
- City National Bank its affiliates and subsidiaries, as a matter of policy, does not give tax, accounting, regulatory or legal advice. Rules in the areas of law, tax, and accounting are subject to change and open to varying interpretations. You should consult with your other advisors on the tax, accounting and legal implications of actions you may take based on any strategies presented taking into account your own particular circumstances.