Delaware Trust Services
Tax Savings & Flexibility
As corporate trustee, City National can offer you the tax benefits and flexibility of a Delaware trust through our trust office in Wilmington, Delaware. Whether you wish to move an existing trust, or create a new one, a Delaware trust can help you meet specific objectives in the areas of multigenerational planning, asset protection and tax savings.
A Delaware trust can offer significant benefits including:
- Potential exemption from state income tax for accumulated earnings and capital gains*
- Confidentiality through minimal court filing requirements and restricted beneficiary access
- Spendthrift provisions for asset protection from creditors' claims
- Specialty trusts such as total return and dynasty trusts
The Delaware Advantage
With more than 250 years of history developing legal precedent in trust law, Delaware's Court of Chancery continues to lead the way in areas of multigenerational planning, asset protection and tax savings. They operate under the premise that a grantor should have the legal right to control the investment, management and distribution decisions for their trust - and they offer a great deal of flexibility to a grantor in ensuring their wishes are followed. Regardless of your state of residency, there are many compelling reasons to consider a Delaware trust as part of your estate.
- Are Not insured by the FDIC or any other federal government agency
- Are Not deposits of or guaranteed by a Bank or any Bank Affiliate
- May Lose Value