Trust and Estate Administration
Trust and Estate Administration1
Professional Management and Continuity
Selecting the right estate advisor or trustee is a critical decision. While many people appoint a family member or friend to administer their trusts, there are compelling reasons to select an experienced and reputable firm like City National. Learn more »
With City National you can choose from a wide range of appointments, depending on your needs and preferences:
- Trustee or Co-Trustee: We ensure continuity, impartiality and financial security. And through our well-developed professional networks we can respond to, and quickly resolve, any issue— even in unique or highly-specialized circumstances.
- Executor of an Estate: We gather and value all estate assets, pay all final expenses and taxes, and distribute assets in accordance with a Will.
- Agent for Trustee or Executor: We act on behalf of an executor or trustee to fulfill their fiduciary obligations, while they continue to serve as the trustee or executor.
- Guardian or Conservator: We undertake complete control of your financial affairs to ensure your assets are protected. We often take on this vital role for individuals who can no longer manage their own affairs.
- Custodian: We settle trades and provide safekeeping of assets on your behalf. We also offer key custodial services for special assets, including limited partnerships, intellectual property and private notes.
Regardless of our role, City National's personal trust team can help you achieve financial security for yourself and your family, today and in the future.
Taxes, Administration and Accounting
We Manage Every Detail
City National's advanced accounting and investment-reporting systems provide accuracy and timeliness in monitoring and tracking all of your transactions. In addition, our seasoned professionals handle every detail of your trust—from tax returns to bill payment to distributions—relieving you of the administrative and fiduciary burdens associated with managing a trust.
- Are Not insured by the FDIC or any other federal government agency
- Are Not deposits of or guaranteed by a Bank or any Bank Affiliate
- May Lose Value
- City National Bank its affiliates and subsidiaries, as a matter of policy, does not give tax, accounting, regulatory or legal advice. Rules in the areas of law, tax, and accounting are subject to change and open to varying interpretations. You should consult with your other advisors on the tax, accounting and legal implications of actions you may take based on any strategies presented taking into account your own particular circumstances.