Portfolio Secured Lending
Portfolio Secured Lending1
Create the liquidity you need without divesting your investment portfolio.
The way in which you borrow is a critical factor in maintaining your wealth and achieving important and changing financial objectives. The ability to do this without compromising your portfolio investment strategies enhances your flexibility when managing through uncertain and challenging economic environments.
A Portfolio-Secured Lending program has the following benefits:
- Can be used to fund real estate equity, luxury purchases, business start-ups or expansions, private investments, tax payments, medical expenses or any other personal investment or expense
- Can be structured as a line of credit or term loan
- Avoids the sale of stocks/bonds, which might create a taxable event
- Available for marketable securities held in accounts at City National Bank or City National Securities1
- No additional account fees related to the pledge of the client’s City National Bank or City National Securities marketable securities account to secure the loan
- Your total available credit is based on the combined value of all your eligible assets used as collateral with borrowing potential from $50,000 to $5 million.
- Monthly interest-only payments, with principal due at maturity
- Are Not insured by the FDIC or any other federal government agency
- Are Not deposits of or guaranteed by a Bank or any Bank Affiliate
- May Lose Value
Securities-based lending has special risks and is not suitable for everyone. If the market value of your pledged securities declines below required levels, you will be required to pay down your line of credit, pledge additional eligible securities or City National Bank will require the sale of the amount of securities needed to satisfy pledge requirements. The sale of your pledged securities may cause you to suffer adverse tax consequences. You should discuss the tax implications of pledging securities as collateral with your tax advisor. City National and its subsidiaries are not tax or legal advisors. All securities and accounts are subject to eligibility requirements. Please read all loan documents and Securities Agreements carefully. This credit product is not to be used for purchasing securities.
- All loans, lines of credit, credit cards and other types of financing are subject to credit approval. Residential mortgages and home equity products are not available in all states. Ask us for more information about the states City National Bank lends in. Aircraft loans are offered through First American Equipment Finance, a subsidiary of City National Bank.