Certificates of Deposit
If you are you looking for a way to increase the return on your savings, and don't have a need for immediate access to your funds then City National Bank's Certificate of Deposit (CD) Accounts may be just what you are looking for. They are a great choice if you have a time-specific savings need, or if you just want to diversify your portfolio.
You decide the amount of money you wish to deposit into your CD account and the length of time you wish to invest the money.
- Flexible terms from 7 days up to 5 years to meet your savings needs
- Competitive interest rates
- CD's may be used for Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Available to individuals and businesses
- Funds are insured up to the maximum amount allowed by the FDIC
- Convenient automatic renewal
Rates & Fees
- Required Opening Deposit for CDs with a term of < 1 year2 - Online: $2,500
- Required Opening Deposit for CDs with a term of < 1 year - In-branch: $10,000
- Required Opening Deposit for CDs with a term of > 1 year - Online and in-branch: $2,500
- Generally, you will receive a higher interest rate on CDs with longer terms and higher balances.
- For all certificates of deposit, a penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal
|Term||Annual Percentage Yield (APY)1||Interest Rate1|
|5-Month Liquid CD2||0.50%||0.50%|
Other restrictions apply. See City National's Account Agreement and Disclosure and applicable Fee Schedule for additional terms and conditions.
1 The interest rate and associated Annual Percentage Yield ("APY") are accurate as of 4/1/2020, are established by City National Bank and may vary as often as daily. APY assumes no withdrawal of credited interest and no change in interest rate for a full year.
2 5-month liquid, 11-month, and 7-day CD terms are not available to be opened online. Please contact your nearest City National Bank branch or your Relationship Manager to open this CD.