City National Green Savings
Available exclusively online, City National Green Savings will help you reach your financial goals, with less impact on the environment. Access at any ATM saves you from driving around town and paperless statements reduce waste. This account is available to you only if you are an owner of any type of City National personal checking account. Adding an automatic savings plan will help your savings grow faster. And we’ll waive the monthly savings maintenance fee if you do.
IMPORTANT: You must have a City National personal checking account to open a Green Savings Account. If you do not currently have a City National checking account and do not open one when opening your City National Green Savings Account, a City National Green Savings Account will not be opened and a Personal Savings Account will be opened in its place.
- Competitive Rate of Interest when opened with a checking account
- No City National fee for ATM withdrawals at any non-City National ATM
- ATM surcharges from other ATM providers waived ($20 limit per statement cycle)
- No maintenance fee for City National Online (City National Online is required for this account)
- Automatic Savings Plan available
Rates & Fees
- Required Opening Deposit: $500
- Minimum Daily Balance to waive monthly maintenance fee: None
- Average Daily Balance to waive monthly maintenance fee: $1,000
- Monthly maintenance fee if average daily balance not met: $4
- Monthly maintenance fee waived with an automatic savings plan of $50.00 or more per month.
|Balance||Annual Percentage Yield (APY)*||Interest Rate*|
|$0 - $2,000,000.00||0.02%||0.02%|
|$2,000,000.01 and over||0.02%||0.02%|
* Checking account required to obtain this rate. If no checking account is opened, the Personal Savings Account rate will apply. To view current annual percentage yield on a Personal Savings Account, click here.
If the balance in the account exceeds the maximum balance for the first tier, the interest on the funds in the account will be calculated at 2 separate rates. The first rate listed above will apply to all funds in the first balance tier. Funds in the account exceeding the first tier will earn the second rate listed above.
Average daily balance determined by adding each day’s closing ledger balance during the statement period and dividing by the number of days in that period.
Other restrictions apply. See City National's Account Agreement and Disclosure and applicable Fee Schedule for additional terms and conditions
** The interest rate and associated Annual Percentage Yield ("APY") are accurate as of 12/9/2020, are established by City National Bank and may vary as often as daily. APY assumes no withdrawal of credited interest and no change in interest rate for a full year. Service fees may reduce account earnings. Stated APY is based on daily compounding.