Premium Checking is an interest-bearing personal checking account with generous ATM benefits, conveniently packaged with up to three additional accounts and other services.
- Tiered interest rate1
- Monthly maintenance fee is waived when the combined balance requirement is met2
- No monthly maintenance fees for up to three additional personal checking, savings or money market accounts3
- No City National Bank fee for use of non-City National Bank ATMs
- Unlimited rebates of reasonable surcharges from non-City National Bank ATM providers4
- Complimentary cashier’s checks
RATES & FEES
- Required Opening Deposit - $1,000
- Average daily balance required to waive the monthly maintenance fee: $50,0002
- Monthly maintenance fee if average daily balance requirement is not met: $35
|Balance||Annual Percentage Yield (APY)*||Interest Rate*|
|Less than $10,000||0.03%||0.03%|
|$10,000 - $49,999.99||0.03%||0.03%|
|$50,000 - $99,999.99||0.03%||0.03%|
|$100,000 - $499,999.99||0.04%||0.04%|
|$500,000 and over||0.04%||0.04%|
*The interest rate and associated Annual Percentage Yield ("APY") are accurate as of 4/1/2020, are established by City National Bank and may vary as often as daily. APY assumes no withdrawal of credited interest and no change in interest rate for a full year. Service fees may reduce account earnings. Stated APY is based on monthly compounding.
- Free Online Banking with Bill Pay5
- Free Mobile Banking with City National FASTdeposit®6
- See City National’s Account Agreement and Disclosures and applicable Fee Schedule for additional terms and conditions.
- Please refer to City National’s Account Agreement and Disclosures and applicable Fee Schedule for details about how the average combined balance required to waive the monthly maintenance fee is calculated.
- Additional accounts must be owned by the same individual who owns the Premium Checking account.
- City National Bank will pay all reasonable surcharges assessed by non-City National Bank ATM operators. The ATM/Check Card International Fee is not a surcharge and is not included in the waiver of surcharges.
- City National Online®, which includes Online Banking with Bill Pay and Mobile Banking with FASTdeposit, requires that you have an access device and an Internet Service Provider which you must pay for separately and standard account fees apply.
- FASTdeposit for Mobile Banking is available automatically as part of the iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ downloadable applications. Deposits are subject to verification and may not be available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and account eligibility apply. Select clients can request a higher deposit limit.
iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.