Provide for your dreams
You can achieve your lifestyle goals and personal dreams with financial resources from City National.
How to determine the right amount to borrow
- Have a clear understanding of your goals.
- Have your basic financial information available, and be ready to discuss your current financial situation with the banker.
- We'll discuss how you determine the amount you need and how the money you borrow will be used.
- During our discussions we help you figure out how much you really need to borrow to meet your goals.
Typical personal lending vs. City National personal lending
Typical lending scenario:
- A typical loan salesperson spends very little time with you.
- However, a typical loan agent will try to get you the most money possible – which isn't always the right move for you.
- You don't get much practical advice from the banker during the process.
City National's lending scenario:
- You start the lending conversation with your Branch Manager who will spend time talking with you to find out about your borrowing needs and circumstances.
- In the end we might figure out that, even if you qualify for a higher amount, you can meet your goals perfectly with a lesser loan amount.
- You avoid taking on unnecessary debt you don't need.
- We never charge for our advice as we process your loan. We're a supportive partner – always watching out for your success.
The benefits of TLC
Improve your lifestyle with a City National Total Line of Credit (TLC). A TLC is a smart financial planning and purchasing tool for select clients who may wish to use home equity for:
- Home Improvement – Get the funds you need to complete your home transformation.
- Debt Consolidation – Consolidate your high interest loans. You need to assess whether paying off short-term debt with long-term debt is beneficial.
- Education Expense – Pay off your college tuition.
- Personal Investments – Access your line to maximize your annual retirement account opportunities.
- Tax Obligations – Pay your taxes.
- Financial Safety Net – Have the peace of mind in case of a financial emergency.
Your Visa® can take you there
A Crystal Visa Credit Card, City National Visa Signature Credit Card or Platinum Credit Card can help you get where you want to go.
- Earn one Point per $1 spent on credit card purchases¹. As long as your account is open, your Points do not expire².
- Visa's Zero Liability³ protects you from liability for fraud and theft if you notify us immediately of an unauthorized transaction, or if your card is lost or stolen.
Additional Platinum benefits include:
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance
- Lost Luggage Coverage
- Personal Identity Theft Protection
- Price Protection
- Purchase Security
- Roadside Dispatch
- Travel & Emergency Assistance
- Warranty Registration
To speak with an advisor, call (800) 773-7100 Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (PT).
- Points are earned on net purchases only (purchases less returns/credits).
- As long as your account is open and the Rewards Program has not ended, your Points do not expire. If, however, your account is closed, any unredeemed Points remaining on the date of account closure are forfeited and expire. If the Rewards Program is terminated for any reason, you will be notified, in which event you will have at least 60 days to redeem your Points. After this redemption period, any unredeemed Points will expire.
- Certain conditions and restrictions may apply.