Following specific steps can reduce the risk of being intercepted
What You Can Do?
- Do not use unsecured wireless connections to do financial transactions.
- Do not use wireless networks that do not have a password.
- On your home wireless network do not use WEP; it is easily compromised. Use WPA or WPA2 instead.
- On your home wireless network change the default password and SSID (network name). Use a strong password for your encryption key, such as a combination of letters and numbers of 14 characters or more.
- Avoid using public/shared computers to access accounts or conduct online transactions.
- Avoid using public WiFi or untrusted Internet connections to access or conduct transactions. Public WiFi may provide you with a password, but that does not ensure a secure connection.