Fraud Prevention Center
Whether it's you or your business, fraud continues to increase. More and more
tools and techniques are used by thieves to steal your identity, your money or
corrupt your business. There are things you can do to reduce your risk of becoming a victim.
City National has put together some fraud prevention tips to help both you and/or your business be more prepared.
What Can You Do?
- Identifying Identity Theft – The FTC estimates that as many as 9 million Americans have their identities stolen each year. In fact, you or someone you know may have experienced some form of identity theft. Learn more »
- Online Security – Find out how to keep your online information safe. Learn more about
Internet scams and how you can prevent falling victim to them. Learn more »
- Payment Fraud – Reduce the risk of payment fraud – whether using check, cash or online services. Learn more »
- Employee Controls – Your business is important. You want to succeed. Unfortunately, there are tricky people out there who are finding ways to scam companies through various fraudulent methods. Learn more »
- Current Trends – Thanks to the technology, life is easier than it used to be. Technological progress has also created new opportunities for fraud (and much worse).
City National devote major resources to combat fraud, but these efforts will have limited effectiveness until all consumers and businesses actively join the fight.
Here are some trends in fraud efforts to keep you informed to protect yourself. Learn more »