Personal Trust Services
We Handle All the Complexities of Your Wealth1
We can help create and fully manage a trust that serves to preserve, grow and transfer your personal wealth while sustaining your family legacy. Our personal trust professionals have the knowledge and experience to manage every detail of your trust, providing valuable insights on asset management, tax minimization, and the structure of trust and estates.
Consider a corporate trustee
As a corporate trustee, City National can offer you benefits beyond those of an individual trustee, including objectivity and continuity of service. Plus, as a fiduciary, we are held to stringent legal and ethical standards, relieving you of the fiduciary burden associated with the management of probates, trusts and estates and providing peace of mind. Learn more »
What sets us apart: expertise, service, solutions
A Seasoned Team of Professionals
Our team averages nearly 20 years of experience working with trusts and estates. The majority of our senior personal trust officers have obtained their Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) designation - a premier designation in the trust field.
We are comfortable collaborating with your existing tax and investment advisors, in exploring proven techniques including hedging, charitable trusts, principal protection, scheduled diversification and market-neutral strategies.
Our Culture of Service
City National's unwavering commitment to providing personalized service and exceptional value has earned us a reputation as the trusted advisor of choice. We make sure we carefully balance the number and complexity of the relationships each of our Trust Officers manage. Control and decision making occurs at the local team level. Our culture ensures that the needs of you and your family are handled with great compassion and expedience.
Specialized services that are flexible and effective
- Investment Management2: We fully customize a strategy that fulfills your wishes, complements any plans you already have in place and meets the needs of your future beneficiaries. Learn more »
- Trust Real Estate: We view real estate as both a property, and an investment to be managed with the goal of enhancing after-tax return. Our team is well-known for their entrepreneurial approach and creative strategies. Learn more »
- Special Needs Trusts: Our dedicated special needs team has the expertise, judgment and professional resources to find creative and meaningful solutions for those individuals with disabilities. Learn more »
- Philanthropy: We can structure and implement a customized, flexible and highly-effective charitable giving plan from start to finish. Learn more »
- Delaware Trusts: We help you meet specific objectives in the areas of multigenerational planning, asset protection and tax savings. Learn more »
- City National Bank its affiliates and subsidiaries, as a matter of policy, does not give tax, accounting, regulatory or legal advice. Rules in the areas of law, tax, and accounting are subject to change and open to varying interpretations. You should consult with your other advisors on the tax, accounting and legal implications of actions you may take based on any strategies presented taking into account your own particular circumstances.
- City National Rochdale, LLC, (CNR) a wholly-owned subsidiary of City National Bank, is a registered investment advisor providing investment advisory services to City National Bank clients. Convergent Wealth Advisors, an affiliate of City National Bank, also provides investment management services to City National Bank clients. As with any investment strategy, there is no guarantee that investment objectives will be met and investors may lose money. Diversification does not ensure a profit or protect against a loss in a declining market. All investing is subject to risk, including the possible loss of the money you invest. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance.