Tax and Risk Management
Tax and Risk Management1
Using Tax and Risk Management to Help You Grow, Preserve and Transfer Your Wealth
Tax and risk management planning, when it concerns your wealth, is part of the culture at City National. Our approach is to help identify your top financial priorities and provide tax and risk management solutions to manage each priority so that you can ultimately accomplish your goals.
We begin with a dialog to help us understand your goals and financial situation and then offer specific recommendations, taking into consideration other strategies you may already have in place. Working closely with you and your other outside advisors, we can help implement, coordinate and monitor each of the recommended strategies.
In our discussions with you, we touch on each of the important aspects that typically comprise a well-constructed action plan, taking into account tax and risk management for short-term and long-term wealth planning. This helps ensure the financial structure you have in place today is sufficient to meet your current tax and risk management goals, support your retirement goals and ensure your legacy.
To us, it’s about establishing tax and risk management planning strategies that are right for you – strategies that meet each of your goals and have the flexibility to adjust to your changing lifestyle.
Key aspects of tax and risk management as it relates to wealth planning may include:
- Current and future cash flow needs
- Liabilities management from a tax and risk perspective
- Investment management
- Present and future life insurance needs
- Titling of assets
- Planning for Retirement
- Trustees and powers of appointment
- Distribution planning
- Potential business succession/sale proceeds planning
City National provides strategic tax and risk management planning for a broad range of financial and lifestyle challenges and concerns. The extent to which individual areas of planning are explored will vary depending on your unique goals and situations. Our customized approach lends itself to changes in your situation, goals or aspirations as they may evolve over time.
- Are Not insured by the FDIC or any other federal government agency
- Are Not deposits of or guaranteed by a Bank or any Bank Affiliate
- May Lose Value
- City National Bank its affiliates and subsidiaries, as a matter of policy, does not give tax, accounting, regulatory or legal advice. Rules in the areas of law, tax, and accounting are subject to change and open to varying interpretations. You should consult with your other advisors on the tax, accounting and legal implications of actions you may take based on any strategies presented taking into account your own particular circumstances.