Making the switch to receive online statements is easy, and does a lot of good. Online statements help preserve the environment’s natural resources, while also offering you greater accessibility and security.
- Safety and security - Offline consumers take more than 40 days to detect fraud, and incur higher losses than other fraud victims1. With online statements, you can review statements faster to detect unusual activity on your account.
- Convenience - Store and retrieve your statements online for up to 18 months2.
- Instant access -Receive an email notification as soon as your statement is ready.
- No clutter - Avoid losing important bank statements and tax forms, with organized online-accessible documents.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR ONLINE STATEMENTS
Current City National Online users can sign up for online statements with ease, by following these simple steps:
- Sign in to your account, and select "Online Banking" from the "My Accounts" tab.
- Select "Customer Service" in the light blue navigation bar.
- Click on “Change document delivery method”, under “Account Maintenance”.
- For each eligible3 account shown, select “Online” from the “Delivery Method” drop-down.
Note: By selecting "Online and Paper", you will continue to receive paper statements on a recurring basis, along with online statement email notifications.
SIGNING UP FOR ONLINE TAX FORMS
Make tax season easier to manage by signing up for online tax forms, available through City National Online. To sign up for online tax forms, follow the online statements instructions above.
Under "Tax Form", select "Online" as your delivery method.
- Source: 2017 Identity Fraud Survey, Javelin Strategy & Research
- Online Statements are available in PDF format. To retain statements for more than 18 months, you may download and save the statements on your computer.
- Online Statements are not available for Investment Account View (IAV).