SIMPLE, SECURE AND CONVENIENT
With Apple Pay® and Google Pay™, you can make purchases with a single touch using an eligible device.1 Add your eligible City National Visa® Check and Credit Cards2 to Apple Pay or Google Pay for a quick, secure and convenient way to make payments in-store or in-app at participating merchants.
A SECURE WAY TO PAY
Instead of using your actual payment card number, Apple Pay and Google Pay assign and use a substitute account number, or token. Your card information is never stored on your device or shared with merchants. When you use Apple Pay and Google Pay, merchants only receive the token and a unique transaction code to process the payment.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
In-Store Purchases: Apple Pay and Google Pay use Near-Field Communication (NFC) technology to wirelessly transmit payment information from eligible phone or wearables to a contactless point-of-sale (POS) terminal within close proximity.
In-App Purchases: Pay with a single touch within apps. Checking out is as easy as selecting Apple Pay or Google Pay and authorizing the transaction with your fingerprint or PIN.
SETUP IS SIMPLE
Add your eligible City National Visa cards to Apple Pay or Google Pay and start enjoying our out-of-wallet experience. Get started now:
1. Open the Wallet (Apple® devices) or Google Pay (Android™ devices) app on your mobile device.
2. Tap the “+” sign in the app.
3. Follow the instructions to key in card information manually, or use your device’s camera to capture information.
4. Accept the Terms & Conditions and begin the activation process.
5. For security reasons, additional bank verification may be required, in which case you will be guided through the verification process. This may include texting you a verification code.
MAKE YOUR CITY NATIONAL VISA CHECK OR CREDIT CARD THE DEFAULT PAYMENT CARD FOR EASY ACCESS
If your City National Visa card is the first card you enroll, it will automatically be your default. Otherwise, go to "Settings", choose "Default card", and select your City National Visa card.
For more information about Apple Pay and Google Pay, please review the Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have additional questions or need technical assistance, please call (800) 997-8143.
- Apple Pay and Google Pay are available for in-store, in-app and online purchases on Apple Pay- and Google Pay-equipped devices, respectively, at participating merchants.
- Apple Pay and Google Pay are available for the following eligible City National Visa cards: personal (consumer) City National Visa Check Cards, personal (consumer) City National Visa Credit Cards and City National Visa Commercial Credit Cards. City National ATM cards and business debit cards are not eligible at this time.
Apple and Apple Pay are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.