Family Card Functionality
Not just for families!
Looking for a way to track or control the spending of the authorized users on your City National personal credit card account? With family card functionality, Primary Account Holders* are provided with the appropriate tools for monitoring such spend activity for each card issued under the account.
How Does Family Card Functionality Work?
Family card functionality allows the Primary Account Holder on the credit card account, through our Credit Card Online service, to establish and manage individual spending limits for each authorized user, monitor transaction activity on all cards and do much more. With family card functionality, each card issued under the credit card account is assigned a unique number. This has the added benefit that if a card is lost or stolen, only that card needs to be replaced (as opposed to all cards under the account).
Family card functionality also enables you to have different cards on your account to segment and track your spending (such as one card for online purchases and another for all other purchases.)
Credit Card Online
To use this functionality, Primary Account Holders must log on to Credit Card Online to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Set and adjust spending limits for all authorized users.
- View transaction activity by cardholder and access monthly statements.
- Grant other cardholders access to Credit Card Online to view their own transactions, authorizations and/or to make payments on their individual cards.
- Establish and manage card alerts for one or more individual cards.
View our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
* If the credit card account has multiple account holders (excluding authorized users), the Primary Account Holder is the individual first named in the name and address section on the billing statement.