Fraud Prevention Center
Digital technology gives us tremendous power over our finances. We can access account information, pay bills, transfer funds, make purchases and more, at any time, from anywhere. But this speed and convenience is not without risk. Cyber-criminals are using increasingly sophisticated methods to steal valuable personal and financial information from individuals and businesses.
While online security breaches affecting big companies such as Target, Sony, Home Depot, and Anthem have made headlines, government officials stress that anyone is a potential target–from a person with an email account and a credit card to a large business with accounts receivable and payable.
City National Bank has a longstanding commitment to online safety. Browse our Fraud Prevention Center for information, tips, and resources to help individuals and businesses stay safe and secure online.
ONLINE FRAUD BASICS
- Identity theft – The Federal Trade Commission estimates that as many as 9 million Americans have their identities stolen each year.
- Online security – Keep your information safe from Internet scam artists and other cyber-criminals.
- Payment fraud – Wire transfers, credit cards, and checks are convenient ways to pay, but precautions must be taken.
- Employee controls – Businesses must be vigilant to protect against check fraud, embezzlement, and other fraudulent activities.
- Current trends – New and more sophisticated online scams are invented regularly, so it's important to stay informed about the latest threats and what you can do to avoid them.
If you have questions about cyber-security, please contact your Relationship Manager.