Foreign Currency Service
At City National Bank, we strive to meet the every need of our clients. Our foreign currency service is no exception. Whether you are traveling for business or for pleasure, this convenient service is designed to enhance your experience abroad by providing the foreign currency you need at competitive rates before your departure.
Features and Benefits
- Eliminate the need to locate an unfamiliar exchange facility abroad
- Receive a fair exchange rate1
- Use cash to avoid card-related international service fees on smaller purchases
- Conveniently exchange for U.S. Dollars upon your return1
- Provide assistance with questions about your destination's accepted currency
- Complete your transactions at your local City National banking office
Speed & Convenience
Simply request an order for the desired currency at your local City National banking office. Some major currencies at select banking offices may be available the same business day. In most cases, orders requested before 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time will be available by the next business day while orders requested after 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time will be available within two business days.
The City National Experience
With all of the major currencies and dozens of emerging market currencies to choose from, City National is committed to ensuring your international business trips and personal vacations remain hassle-free with personalized attention and exceptional service.
Getting StartedTo learn more, call us at (800) 575-5501, Monday through Thursday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (PT). You can also contact us online or visit one of our local City National locations.
- Currency is sold or purchased at City National's announced rates. Currency returned following delivery will be repurchased at City National's then current purchase rate. A service charge may apply on a transaction under a stated U.S. Dollar amount. Orders for currency cancelled following confirmation but before delivery are subject to reversal at City National's then current purchase rate. Special orders for currency not carried in stock must be prepaid. Other transaction minimums and service fees may apply. Ask us for details.