City National Awards 60th Anniversary Second Quarter Community Grants Totaling $15,000
July 01, 2014
LOS ANGELES, July 1, 2014 -- City National Bank, America's Premier Private and Business Banksm, today announced that it has awarded an additional $15,000 in community grants to charitable organizations in five states as part of the bank's 60th Anniversary celebration. City National celebrated its 60th Anniversary earlier this year, and as part of this celebration is awarding community grants on behalf of bank colleagues and their volunteer outreach each quarter.
The bank selects winning colleagues from dozens of nominees to have $1,000 grants donated to a favorite charity they support through volunteer outreach. By the end of the year the bank will have awarded 60 community grants totaling $60,000 to nonprofit groups throughout its footprint. This money is over and above the millions of dollars City National donates each year to numerous charitable causes in California, Nevada, New York, Nashville, Tennessee, and Atlanta, Georgia.
"City National colleagues are doing some amazing work with nonprofit groups and charitable causes in the communities where we do business," said Jennifer Nickerson, vice president and community relations manager for City National. "We want to recognize that volunteer work by awarding these community grants to the organizations they donate so much of their time and energy to on an ongoing basis.
The charitable organizations receiving community grants from City National on behalf of its colleagues for the second quarter are as follows:
- Blair Minnis – United Cerebral Palsy of Orange County, Irvine, CA
- Leon Clark – Children Sure House Foundation, Winnetka, CA
- Gary de Veyra – Sokka Gakkai International, Santa Monica, CA
- Heather Ayres – Rochester Habitat for Humanity, Rochester, NY
- Jaime Chavez – Silicon Valley Boys & Girls Club, Milpitas, CA
- Karen Drew – Kiwanis Club of Pasadena Foundation, Pasadena, CA
- Meredith Forde – Queens Area Pathfinders, Jamaica, NY
- Nathan Osadchey – Grossman Burn Foundation, Calabasas, CA
- Olga Tsokova – Foshay High School, Los Angeles, CA
- Pamela Pugliese – Kids & Horses, Minden, NV
- Paul Corrales – Let It Be Foundation, Chino, CA
- Robin Hicka – American Cancer Society, Norwalk, CT
- Ron Freed – The Peacock Foundation, North Hollywood, CA
- Russ Launer – North Shore Boys & Girls Club of Long Island, Glen Head, NY
- Shelly Hall – Child Abuse Prevention Association, Independence, MO
Since the first of the year City National has awarded 30 community grants totaling $30,000 as part of its 60th Anniversary celebration. There are over 3,600 colleagues at City National who are encouraged each quarter to submit nominations on behalf of those community-based organizations they are affiliated with through volunteer outreach.
About City National
City National Corporation (NYSE:CYN) has $29.7 billion in assets. The company's wholly owned subsidiary, City National Bank, provides banking, investment and trust services through 77 offices, including 16 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Nashville and Atlanta. City National and its investment affiliates manage or administer $66.4 billion in client investment assets, including $46.4 billion under direct management.
For more information about City National, visit the company's Website at cnb.com.