Automated Clearing House (ACH)
Make and receive payments efficiently
The Automated Clearing House (ACH) is an electronic network for financial transactions in the United States. ACH processes large volumes of payment transactions in batches, with either debits or credits sent by an originating party to one or more account holders.
ACH Origination gives you the ability to:
- Disburse with ACH Credits: deposit recurring payments for payroll direct deposit, vendor payments, dividend payments, interest payments and annuity payments
- Collect with ACH Debits: execute recurring billings or collections from your customers, such as insurance premiums, mortgage or installment loan payments, rent or lease payments, membership dues, charitable contributions
- Concentrate with ACH Debits: consolidate funds from remote bank accounts into a main operating account at City National Bank
ACH Features and Benefits
- Save Disbursement Costs - ACH is the least expensive method for making payments.
- Automate and expedite collection of your receivables.
- Easily originate ACH transactions with City National Treasury Net.
- Reduce your risk of fraud and unauthorized access - with the use of security tokens. Security tokens (small devices that generate an authorization code) are required for all ACH transactions.
- Streamline your accounts payable and receivable while improving cash flow forecasting. Reducing your use of checks eliminates the uncertain timing and the potential for check fraud.
- Secure Payments with ACH Positive Pay. This service will give you extra peace of mind, allowing you to set filters that reject payments that do not meet your criteria and gives you the opportunity to review each rejected item.
- Flexibility - ACH Origination provides easy set-up and processing that will save time and money compared to paper processing and provide you better treasury management with the speed and efficiency of electronic payments and funds transfers.
- Prefund accounts before disbursement or apply for a line of credit.
- Process Efficiently - Use your choice of file transmissions, either Direct Send (file sent direct to City National) or by entering transactions into Treasury Net.
- Obtain Detailed EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) Reporting- EDI is the electronic exchange of information and/or funds in a standardized, computer readable form. This replaces the conventional paper document process.
- CTX - The CTX payment format combines payment information and a variable length record (called an addendum record) with related information, such as invoice numbers, allowing multiple payments to trade creditors in a single transfer of funds.
ACH Processing Through Treasury Net
Treasury Net integrates your ACH Origination with your other online account management processes. Through Treasury Net you can:
- Control settlement timing of disbursements and collections
- Schedule automatic generation of transactions for your review and release
- Create and maintain your transaction database
- Initiate and release batches from anywhere you have Internet access
- View and/or print all ACH activity including audit reports