Automated Clearing House (ACH)
Efficient Electronic Deposits & Fraud Prevention
What is ACH?
Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions can be either a debit or a credit sent by an originating party to an account holder, the recipient.
Automated Clearing House (ACH) is an electronic network for financial transactions in the United States. ACH processes large volumes of credit and debit transactions in batches. The National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) and the Federal Reserve establish the rules, regulations and best practices governing the ACH network.
ACH Features & Benefits
Using Online ACH Origination Through Treasury Net
- ACH is the most cost-effective method for making payments. Use ACH to make a variety of electronic payments, like payroll, vendor, and tax payments.
- Automate and expedite collection of your receivables.
- Prefund accounts before disbursement.
- Easily originate ACH transactions with City National's Treasury Net system
- Reduce your risk of fraud and unauthorized access - with the use of security tokens. Security tokens (small devices that generate an authorization code) are required for all ACH transactions. These devices generate a new 6-digit code every 60 seconds to ensure a maximum level of security!
- Streamline your accounts payable and receivable while improving cash flow forecasting by reducing checks (and potential check fraud).
- ACH Positive Pay will give you extra peace of mind. You are given a file of any transaction that rejects due to not having a filter. You must decision each item and there is a default pay or no-pay decision in case you don't respond
With City National's Treasury Net you can set up ACH Origination to control disbursements and collections conveniently and securely with electronic funds transfers - online, anytime, anywhere.
Easy to Set Up - Easy to Use
ACH Origination provides easy set-up and processing that will save time and money compared to paper processing. ACH provides better treasury management with the speed and efficiency of electronic payments and funds transfers.
Benefits of Online ACH Origination:
- Control timing: Control settlement timing of disbursements and collections.
- Set up automatic transactions: Schedule automatic generation of transactions for your review and release. Initiate and release batches from anywhere you have Internet access.
- Keep transaction info organized: Create and maintain your transaction database. View and/or print all ACH activity including audit report.
- Manage recurring payments: Deposit recurring payments for payroll direct deposit, vendor payments, dividend payments, interest payments and annuity payments
- Manage recurring collections: Execute recurring billings or collections from your customers, such as insurance premiums, mortgage or installment loan payments, rent or lease payments, membership dues, charitable contributions
- Consolidate funds from other accounts: Consolidate funds from remote bank accounts into a main operating account at City National Bank.
To sign up for a Treasury Management service or for more information, please
contact us any time at cnb.com or call Treasury Management Client Services between 5:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) Monday through Friday (800) 599-0020 select option 2.