Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the main features of E-Deposit?
A. The main features of E-Deposit are:
- Notification of deposits by email
- Ability to modify account description
- The system is web-based and requires no software or difficult implementation process
- Receive same day credit for deposits made as late as 7:00 pm PT
- Electronic check image archiving with varied search functionality
- 24/7 availability
- Highly searchable reporting functionality
Q. What do I need to scan checks?
A. All that is needed is a computer, Internet connection, a check scanner and supplies such as MICR ink.
Q. What if I don't have a scanner?
A. City National Bank has an authorized supplier from whom you can order a scanner.
Q. Are scanners expensive?
A. Scanners range in price from a few hundred dollars to over one thousand, depending on your business needs, such as the quantity of checks you deposit daily.
Q. Is E-Deposit safe and secure?
A. City National currently offers several levels of security to help safeguard your financial information when transmitted online.
- Strong Encryption (128-bit). All data sent to and from City National is "scrambled" and "reassembled" between City National and your personal computer to help protect your personal and financial information. 128-bit encryption, the highest level of encryption generally available today, means there are 2128 possible combinations of "keys" but only one will "unlock" the information.
- Two-tier Logon. The User ID and Password must be entered to access account information.
- Automatic Time Out. When there is no activity for 15 minutes, E-Deposit will terminate the session to help protect against unauthorized access.
Q. How does City National protect my privacy?
A. Keeping client information secure and using it only as our clients would want us to is a top priority for all of us at City National. Please refer to the Privacy section located on the cnb.com home page.
Q. What if someone tries to sign on with my User ID?
A. To help protect your log on credentials, E-Deposit disables a user after a specified number of unsuccessful log-on attempts
Q. Do I have to change my password?
A. Yes, changing your passwords at specified intervals helps keep your log on credentials secure.If anyone had access to a previous password, they would not be able to access your E-Deposit accounts.
Q. Do you support Windows PC and Apple Macintosh computers?