Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What can I do with Online Wholesale Lockbox?
A: With Online Wholesale Lockbox, you can access your remittance images and reports:
- Access your remittance information on the same day it is processed by the bank
- Search payments by date, amount, batch number, check number, invoice number or remitter name
- Print one or groups of your selected images using several printing options
- View and print both the front and back of the checks and remittance documents
- View and print summary and detail reports of your remittances
- Export or download images and payment information
Q: What should I do if I forget my Online Wholesale Lockbox user name or password?
A: Contact your company System Administrator. If you are the company System Administrator, contact Treasury Management Client Services between 5:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (PT) Monday through Friday at (800) 599-0020 select option 2. They will assist you in resetting your access information.
Q: When can I use Online Wholesale Lockbox?
A: You can access your lockbox account information 24 hours a day, seven days a week except for normal maintenance periods. Remittance information is processed in batches and released throughout the business day and is immediately available to you after release.
Q: Do I need any special software to export or download the images?
A: Yes, you will need decompression software such as WinZip® in order to open the files. To download, you will also need to perform a simple one-time installation of the viewer that resides in the product.
Q: Can I export the reports to Excel or Access?
A: Currently the reports are only available for viewing and printing within the lockbox application. We do offer file transmissions if you need to export your remittance information for reporting purposes or for posting to another system. For more information about this option, contact your Account Officer or Treasury Management Sales Officer.
Q: Why does my session time out?
A: If your session is inactive (you have not performed any queries for data for a designated period of time) the session will automatically terminate and you will need to log on again. Your online service is designed this way to provide you with increased security in case you forget to log out.
Q: Why does my screen appear so big? Why doesn't all the information fit on the screen?
A: You will need to change your display properties from the control panel settings on the desktop to 1024 X 768.
Q: What should I do if I need help using Online Wholesale Lockbox?
A: For assistance, call Treasury Management Client Services between 5:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (PT) Monday through Friday at (800) 599-0020 select option 2.
Q: Is Online Wholesale Lockbox safe and secure?
A: Online Wholesale Lockbox offers several layers of security to help safeguard your information when accessed online.
- Strong encryption (128-bit). All data sent to and from City National is "scrambled" and "reassembled" between City National and your personal computer to help protect your personal and financial information. 128-bit encryption, the highest level generally available today, means there are 2,128 possible combinations of "keys" but only one will "unlock" the information.
- Subscriber authentication.
- Limited number of login attempts will disable the user ID if the limit is reached.
- Automatic time out. When there is no activity for a defined period of time, Online Wholesale Lockbox will terminate your online session to help protect against unauthorized access.
Q: What are the browser requirements?
A: Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 7.0 and later with 128-bit encryption. Other browsers may not work with this system.
Q: Do the Display Properties require any specific settings?
A: Yes, you will need to change your display properties from the control panel settings on the desktop to 1024 X 768.