City National Expands Into Inland Empire With New Business Banking Team
LOS ANGELES – City National Bank, America’s Premier Private and Business Bank®, announced today that it has hired a team of eight experienced bankers to serve the growing business community in Southern California’s Inland Empire, which includes San Bernardino and Riverside counties.
Leading City National’s new team is Scott Price, who will oversee business banking activities and provide leadership and support to the banking team, giving direction, advice and counsel to ensure the best customer experience, sound risk management and continued business retention and growth. Price has nearly two decades of banking experience in the region. Prior to joining City National, he served as Inland Empire area manager for business banking at Union Bank.
"We're extremely pleased to have these outstanding bankers join City National. Together, they bring a comprehensive understanding of the local business community and a wide range of expertise that will enable us to best serve the financial needs of business owners, professionals and their families," said Scott Witter, executive vice president of City National’s Core Banking division.
The Inland Empire has close to 4.3 million residents, making it more populous than almost half the states in the country. Among metropolitan areas, the region ranks 24th in economic output and has a higher gross domestic product than many cities, including Cleveland, Kansas City and Cincinnati. The Inland Empire economy has moved from recovery to expansion in recent years, with the logistics, construction, healthcare and manufacturing sectors growing dramatically since 2012. The commercial real estate market has grown as the area has become an important logistics hub for rapidly expanding e-commerce sales and Los Angeles port-related operations, which are nearing record levels this year.
“There are so many entrepreneurs and small import/export firms that support this burgeoning logistics industry in the Inland Empire. Our team brings deep expertise in this sector that can help these entrepreneurs as they grow their companies and take advantage of the opportunities in the region,” said David Cameron, who heads City National’s Business Banking.
Along with Price, the team includes:
- Chad Davis, vice president and senior business banking relationship manager, who will manage the bank’s business client portfolio. He has more than 15 years of financial services experience as a business banking and equipment finance manager, most recently at Citizens Business Bank. He joined City National in 2013.
- Rick Maloney, vice president and senior business banking relationship manager, will focus on business acquisition and client relationships. He has over two decades of financial services experience with Wells Fargo and Bank of America.
- Sonny Hogue, vice president and senior business banking relationship manager, joined City National this year from BBVA Compass. He has seven years of experience serving the credit needs of small business owners, working as a loan specialist with the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Small Business Administration in Southern California.
- Ermilio Uribe Jr, vice president and business banking relationship manager, has a decade of financial service experience. He served as a business banker and branch manager in the Inland Empire for Wells Fargo starting in 2006 and joined City National this year.
- Anthony Ochoa, vice president and business banking relationship manager, supports business banking development within the Inland Empire. He has three years of experience in the region.
- Paola Arciniega, business banking relationship associate, has a decade of experience in financial services. She will support the business banking relationship managers to enable the prompt processing of loans to new and existing bank clients.
- Edward Garcia, vice president and senior commercial credit officer, has more than 15 years of financial services experience in the Inland Empire. Prior to joining City National this year, he was a portfolio manager at Pacific Premier Bank in Riverside.
About City National
With $42.8 billion in assets, City National Bank provides banking, investment and trust services through 73 offices, including 16 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Nashville and Atlanta. In addition, the company and its investment affiliates manage or administer $58.3 billion in client investment assets.
City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies. RBC serves more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the United States and 36 other countries.
For more information about City National, visit the company’s website at cnb.com.