City National Donates Record Number of Backpacks With School Supplies to Schools and Nonprofits in Five States
LOS ANGELES, CA – City National Bank, America’s Premier Private and Business BankSM, today announced that colleagues of the bank collected over 1,400 backpacks filled with school supplies as part of its 7th Annual Back-to-School Supplies Drive held this month. The bank is donating the backpacks filled with supplies to 54 elementary and middle schools, and nonprofit organizations in California, Nevada, New York, Georgia and Tennessee.
This year’s donations surpassed last year’s school supplies drive by over 21 percent. This is also the fourth consecutive year that the bank has included backpacks pre-filled with school supplies, which also exceeded last year’s amount of 1,150 backpacks.
Additionally, bank colleagues are taking part in teaching City National’s Dollars + Sense financial literacy program to students at the schools receiving backpack donations. City National started its financial literacy program in 2007 as an enhancement to its award-winning Reading is The way up® literacy program. The Dollars + Sense program is for grades K-12 and teaches age appropriate information about banking and finance.
“Our Back to School Supplies Drive is driven by our colleagues who want to help at-risk students and schools throughout our footprint,” said Jennifer Nickerson, vice president and community relations manager for City National. “It’s very heartwarming to see so many of our colleagues contributing to this wonderful outreach program that helps so many students and families in need. Our annual school supplies drive is just one of the many educational outreach programs City National provides to schools in the communities it serves.”
The school supplies that are part of each backpack include erasers, highlighters, round-tip scissors, packs of wide ruled paper, colored pencils, folders, notebooks, pencil sharpeners, rulers, boxes of crayons, glue sticks, #2 pencils, three-ring binders, and more. In addition to these supplies, bank colleagues donated countless hours of time packaging and delivering the supplies to the various schools receiving them.
Following is a list of the schools and nonprofit organizations that are receiving backpacks filled with school supplies.
- John Marshall Elmentary, Anaheim
- United Way of Ventura County, Camarillo
- Winnetka Elementary, Canoga Park
- Project Access – Via 425, Carson
- Meadow Homes Elementary, Concord
- Share Our Selves, Costa Mesa
- Project Access – Harbor Village, Harbor City
- Cherryland Elementary, Hayward
- Felton Elementary, Inglewood
- Assistance League of Los Angeles, Hollywood
- Academia Moderna Charter School, Los Angeles
- Allesandro Elementary, Los Angeles
- A Place Called Home, Los Angeles
- Azusa Lighthouse Mission, Los Angeles
- Atwater Elementary, Los Angeles
- Carthay School of Environmental Studies Magnet, Los Angeles
- Drew Childhood Development Corporation, Los Angeles
- Educating Young Minds, Los Angeles
- Magnolia Avenue Elementary, Los Angeles
- Metro Charter Elementary, Los Angeles
- Para Los Ninos, Los Angeles
- Project Access – Vista Angelino, Los Angeles
- San Gabriel Elementary, Los Angeles
- Solano Avenue Elementary, Los Angeles
- Sunrise Elementary, Los Angeles
- Urban Compass, Los Angeles
- 10th Street Elementary, Los Angeles
- Barton Elementary, Long Beach
- The Family Giving Tree, Milpitas
- Youth Policy Institute, Hollywood
- Lowman Special Education Center, North Hollywood
- Claremont Middle School, Oakland
- East Bay Asian Youth Center, Oakland
- Mariposa Elementary, Ontario
- Project Access – Pacific Point, Oxnard
- Padres – Unidos, Santa Ana
- Franklin Elementary, Santa Barbara
- Monarch Elementary, San Diego
- Ocean Beach Elementary, San Diego
- Sanchez Elementary, San Francisco
- Berylwood Elementary, Simi Valley
- Roscoe Elementary, Sun Valley
- John C. Fremont Elementary, Carson City
- C.C. Meneley Elementary, Gardnerville
- Helen Jydstrup Elementary, Las Vegas
- Hidden Valley Elementary, Reno
- Jack Dailey Elementary, Las Vegas
- Paradise Elementary, Las Vegas
- Hyde Leadership Charter School, Bronx
- PS 153 School, Manhattan
- PS 134 School, New York
- Dunbar Elementary, Atlanta
- International Community School, Decatur
- Carter Lawrence Elementary, Nashville
About City National
With $42.8 billion in assets, City National Bank provides banking, investment and trust services through 74 offices, including 16 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Nashville and Atlanta. In addition, the company and its investment affiliates manage or administer $58.3 billion in client investment assets.
City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies. RBC serves more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the United States and 36 other countries.
For more information about City National, visit the company’s website at cnb.com.